Friday, October 9, 2009

Sandia Mountains, New Mexico

__________________________________________________________________________________ Sandia Mountains, New Mexico
Love at first flight. Flying into Albuquerque for the first time my neck was stiff from peering out the window of the jet. So exotic, so familiar, beckoning to me with tumbling boulders, broken cliffs and scrubby sage brush there you were New Mexico, ancient sea bed of squirming ghost life, Land of Enchantment. What an incredible adventure in mixed media.




_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Artist and Son said...

Thoughts from the Artist:

The Sandia Mountains lay east of Albuquerque. Everyday I would study them with an intense desire to see all their beauty, like they were the face of someone I loved, someone I didn't want to ever forget.

Everyday their gestures under the New Mexico sky would remind me there is something more, something of greater beauty.

Flying into Albuquerque for the first time my neck was stiff from craning to see out the window.

Looking down on New Mexico I found it so exotic, so familiar. Its tumbled boulders, broken cliffs and scrubby sage called to me. New Mexico, Land of Enchantment, itriguing ancient sea bed of squirming ghost life.


What an incredible adventure in mixed media.

Blog Archive

Click redbubble link to see my photo art. Click on OLDER POSTS, above for next page

Buy my art Buy art